Come join us! Advance your career working for an internationally respected industry leader in developing and applying the latest tools in environmental water science and engineering to effectively solve client problems and protect our water environment. LimnoTech offers great people to work with, numerous opportunities for professional development, and a company culture that make it a pleasure to be part of our firm. We are actively seeking team members for the following positions:
Hydraulic/Hydrologic Engineer or Scientist
Midlevel Environmental Engineer/Scientist (Southern California office)
Senior Researcher (Ann Arbor or Washington, DC)
How to Apply
Hydraulic/Hydrologic Engineer or Scientist
Ann Arbor office
The scientist or engineer hired will provide support for a variety of interesting and innovative projects in LimnoTech’s service areas, possibly including:
- Hydraulic/hydrologic evaluations for inland and coastal waters
- Hydraulic analysis and design of conveyance systems, including hydraulic transient analysis
- Flood risk evaluation and management, including evaluation and design of flood control measures
- Ecosystem restoration assessment and design
- Stormwater management, planning and design
- Watershed, stream and lake restoration planning and design
The nature of the work and level of responsibility will depend on individual experience and ability. Junior scientists and engineers work closely with senior staff to develop sound approaches for addressing client problems, whereas more senior professionals will work more independently.
LimnoTech emphasizes collaborative learning, advanced training, and professional leadership, providing team members with the tools and work environment needed to chart their career paths. Opportunities abound for increased responsibilities and professional growth.
(or MSE) in Civil, Hydraulic, Hydrologic or Environmental Engineering or Sciences, or related disciplines from an accredited university program is required for consideration.
- Our needs span a range of prior experience from new graduates with no work experience to professionals with up to 15 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, as are strong analytical and computational abilities.
- Motivated and enthusiastic team members with good interpersonal skills thrive in our collegial organization. If you don’t enjoy technical challenges and collaboration, then we’re probably not for you. But if you like working with other smart, dedicated people to solve problems, we’d like to hear from you.
- LimnoTech is highly team-oriented. To develop the needed working relationships, all applicants must be willing to work on site at our Ann Arbor, MI office location, Monday through Friday, as well as travel occasionally to our other offices and client/project locations.
- Must be legally able to work in the U.S. for any employer (proper documentation is required).
- LimnoTech values and rewards high achievement within a supportive working community. Individual achievement is rewarded through a unique merit review process based on recommendations from colleagues at all levels of the company, plus positive feedback from clients. This system drives pay increases and increased project and corporate responsibility. We track individual progress annually to insure competitiveness within our industry and identify opportunities for targeted professional development.
- Our collegial environment and management structure aren’t for everyone; there is no formal “corporate ladder” to climb. Instead, we offer employees the opportunity to chart their own best paths, and provide the tools and guidance to do that.
- In addition to highly competitive compensation, LimnoTech offers an outstanding benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, 401k savings plan, ESOP, flexible benefits program, medical leave, and more.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Midlevel Environmental Engineer/Scientist
Southern California office
- Provide technical expertise, business development initiative, and client management in a range of service areas involving water resources, water quality, and ecosystem exposures and impacts.
- Technically contribute to and manage environmental and water resources projects in project teams, some managed by other offices and some by the SCO. Work originating in the Southern California Office will provide opportunities to supervise inter-office project teams, develop relationships with clients, work proactively with clients to find solutions to their problems, manage project budgets, and prepare technical reports and proposals.
- Expand partner and client relationships in California and the West, leveraging LimnoTech’s qualifications, depth of project experience, and national reputation in its key service areas.
- Advanced degree in environmental engineering or related environmental science, or an equivalent combination of upper level/graduate coursework and experience.
- At least five years of relevant professional experience.
- Project management experience and ability to effectively manage multiple clients, tasks, and objectives.
- Ability and interest in business development to help expand the regional practice.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent analytical and computational abilities, and strong computer skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed for business, mainly within the U.S.
- Legal ability to work in the United States for any employer (proper documentation required).
Motivated and enthusiastic team members with strong interpersonal skills thrive in our collegial organization. Our projects are highly varied and technically challenging, and our approach is collaborative. If you like working with other smart, dedicated people to solve problems and truly make a difference, we want to hear from you.
LimnoTech rewards high achievement within a supportive working community. Individual achievement is rewarded through a unique merit review process based on recommendations from colleagues at all levels of the company, plus positive feedback from clients. This system drives pay increases and opportunities for increased project and corporate responsibility. We track pay of all individuals to ensure competitiveness and identify opportunities for targeted professional development. In addition to highly competitive compensation, LimnoTech offers an outstanding benefits package, including medical, dental and disability coverage; 401k savings; flexible benefits program; medical leave; and more.
Our collegial environment and management structure aren’t for everyone; there is no formal “corporate ladder” to climb. Instead, we offer each employee the opportunity to chart their own paths, and provide the tools and guidance to do that.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Back to top
Ann Arbor, MI or Washington, DC office
- Provide technical leadership, mentoring, direction and responsible oversight for cutting-edge environmental science and engineering projects.
- Provide effective and enthusiastic leadership to grow our research-oriented business by identifying opportunities, leading a team and procuring new grants and projects.
- Develop a mix of research and consulting projects related to water quality, water resources, agriculture, and related fields that could involve any of the following: water quality protection and restoration, TMDLs, watershed management, sediments, hydrology, hydrodynamics and hydraulics, ecological restoration, water sustainability, nutrients and eutrophication, toxics fate and transport, and related surface water and groundwater quality assessments and modeling.
- Consulting and research expectations will be set by mutual agreement, and corporate support and oversight will be provided to help meet those expectations.
- PhD in relevant water-related environmental field of engineering or science, or a Master’s degree and a clear record of leadership in relevant field of specialty.
- Six or more years of work experience (beyond highest degree) in environmental sciences, engineering, academia, research, regulatory agencies or consulting in the areas described above.
- Growing or established national (or global) reputation as evidenced by extensive publications, technical and professional awards, university or government achievements, involvement in technical review panels, science advisory boards, technical advisory committees and invited peer reviews.
- Wide network of research, agency, and consulting contacts.
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities.
- Motivated and enthusiastic; good mentoring skills and temperament.
- People-oriented and collaborative team player and skilled at participatory leadership.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel widely for projects, image-building and marketing.
- Knowledge and appreciation of mathematical modeling of aquatic systems is a plus.
- Legally able to work in the U.S. for any employer (proper identification required).
- Very competitive base salary available commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.
- Full range of competitive benefits including vacation, medical, health insurance, disability insurance and retirement.
- Eligible for discretionary annual bonuses based on personal and corporate performance.
- With significant sales growth and project success, candidates may be eligible for pathway to become a corporate officer in our growing and highly respected firm.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top
Please send resume to:
Credentials may E-mailed to mailto:email@example.com
Or mailed to:
501 Avis Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
LimnoTech is an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer.
Collaboration between diverse individuals with different perspectives fosters innovative solutions. To that end, LimnoTech welcomes all qualified candidates for a diverse work force, and we are committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination. Employees are hired and promoted based strictly and solely on their competence to perform the work, without regard to age, race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, or veteran status.