Come join us! Advance your career working for an internationally respected industry leader in developing and applying the latest tools in environmental water science and engineering to effectively solve client problems and protect our water environment. LimnoTech offers great people to work with, numerous opportunities for professional development, and a company culture that make it a pleasure to be part of our firm. We are actively seeking team members for the following positions:
Midlevel Environmental Engineer/Scientist (Southern California office)
Environmental Engineer/Scientist (Washington DC)
How to Apply
Midlevel Environmental Engineer/Scientist
Southern California office
- Provide technical expertise, business development initiative, and client management in a range of service areas involving water resources, water quality, and ecosystem exposures and impacts.
- Technically contribute to and manage environmental and water resources projects in project teams, some managed by other offices and some by the SCO. Work originating in the Southern California Office will provide opportunities to supervise inter-office project teams, develop relationships with clients, work proactively with clients to find solutions to their problems, manage project budgets, and prepare technical reports and proposals.
- Expand partner and client relationships in California and the West, leveraging LimnoTech’s qualifications, depth of project experience, and national reputation in its key service areas.
- Advanced degree in environmental engineering or related environmental science, or an equivalent combination of upper level/graduate coursework and experience.
- At least five years of relevant professional experience.
- Project management experience and ability to effectively manage multiple clients, tasks, and objectives.
- Ability and interest in business development to help expand the regional practice.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent analytical and computational abilities, and strong computer skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed for business, mainly within the U.S.
- Legal ability to work in the United States for any employer (proper documentation required).
Motivated and enthusiastic team members with strong interpersonal skills thrive in our collegial organization. Our projects are highly varied and technically challenging, and our approach is collaborative. If you like working with other smart, dedicated people to solve problems and truly make a difference, we want to hear from you.
LimnoTech rewards high achievement within a supportive working community. Individual achievement is rewarded through a unique merit review process based on recommendations from colleagues at all levels of the company, plus positive feedback from clients. This system drives pay increases and opportunities for increased project and corporate responsibility. We track pay of all individuals to ensure competitiveness and identify opportunities for targeted professional development. In addition to highly competitive compensation, LimnoTech offers an outstanding benefits package, including medical, dental and disability coverage; 401k savings; flexible benefits program; medical leave; and more.
Our collegial environment and management structure aren’t for everyone; there is no formal “corporate ladder” to climb. Instead, we offer each employee the opportunity to chart their own paths, and provide the tools and guidance to do that.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Unsolicited emails to LimnoTech staff might not be routed properly and may not receive a response.
Back to top
Washington, DC Office
The engineer or scientist hired will provide support for a variety of interesting and innovative projects in LimnoTech’s service areas, possibly including:
- Water quality modeling and watershed assessments
- Watershed, stream and lake restoration, planning, and design
- Data analysis, processing and management
- Hydraulic/hydrologic evaluations
- Stormwater management, planning, and design
- Water supply, allocation and reuse assessments and planning
- Ecosystem restoration assessment and design
Our scientists and engineers work closely with senior staff to develop sound approaches for addressing our clients’ problems. Initial tasks are likely to include data management and analysis, assistance with field work, development of inputs for water quality models, and interpretation and presentation of results. Responsibility and opportunities will be commensurate with experience and capability.
LimnoTech emphasizes collaborative learning, advanced training, and professional leadership, providing team members with the tools and work environment needed to chart their career paths. Opportunities abound for increased responsibilities and professional growth.
- Master’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or related scientific discipline from an accredited university program is required.
- Two to three years of relevant work experience is preferred. Training/experience in data management and analysis, water quality modeling, stream restoration, or other area is desirable. Capabilities with R, Visual Basic or Python programming are also beneficial.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, as are strong analytical and computational abilities.
- Motivated and enthusiastic team members with good interpersonal skills thrive in our collegial organization. If you like working with other smart, dedicated people to solve problems, we’d like to hear from you.
- Must be legally able to work in the U.S. for any employer (proper documentation is required).
values and rewards high achievement within a supportive working community. Individual achievement is rewarded through a unique merit review process based on recommendations from colleagues at all levels of the company, plus positive feedback from clients. This system drives pay increases and increased project and corporate responsibility. We track individual progress annually to ensure competitiveness within our industry and identify opportunities for targeted professional development.
Our collegial environment and management structure aren’t for everyone; there is no formal “corporate ladder” to climb. Instead, we offer employees the opportunity to chart their own paths, and provide the tools and guidance to do that.
In addition to highly competitive compensation, LimnoTech offers an outstanding benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, 401k savings plan, ESOP, flexible benefits program, medical leave, and more.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Unsolicited emails to LimnoTech staff might not be routed properly and may not receive a response.
Back to top
Please send resume to:
Credentials may E-mailed to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org. Unsolicited emails to LimnoTech staff might not be routed properly and may not receive a response.
Or mailed to:
501 Avis Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
For more information about our firm, please visit our website, www.limno.com.
LimnoTech is an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunity (EEO) employer.
Collaboration between diverse individuals with different perspectives fosters innovative solutions. To that end, LimnoTech welcomes all qualified candidates for a diverse work force, and we are committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination. Employees are hired and promoted based strictly and solely on their competence to perform the work, without regard to age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation regarding gender preference, national origin, disability, or veteran status.